NEVER mix magic mushrooms with other drugs, this includes alcohol and cannabis.
Some Users Experience Positive Interactions with
- Cannabis: Cannabis has the potential to enhance the psychedelic nature of the mushrooms, but it’s best to wait until the latter half of the experience so you don’t interfere with the insight provided by psilocybin.
- Ketamine: Psilocybin + ketamine is the classic Burning Man combination. If you combine ketamine with psilocybin, wait until the intensity of the psilocybin experience has passed before utilizing ketamine.
- MDMA: Colloquially known as “hippy flipping,” mixing MDMA and psilocybin is a common practice. While no existing research supports the safety or danger of this combination, anecdotal reports show that MDMA can enhance the psilocybin trip and even help you avoid being overcome with negative emotions.
- Coffee: There are no known side effects to mixing coffee and psilocybin, but some believe the energy boost of caffeine can enhance the psilocybin experience.
Some Users Experience Negative Experiences Combining With
- Alcohol: Anecdotal reports from emergency rooms suggest that abstaining from alcohol while on mushrooms is the safest and smartest bet. In fact, it’s best to abstain from alcohol while using any psychedelic.
- Adderall, Xanax, SSRI antidepressants: These are powerful psychoactive drugs with largely subjective side effects, and psychedelic use should be approached with extreme caution if you regularly take any of these substances. On top of that, psilocybin is a potent serotonin agonist, which means it could interfere with any medications that alter the serotonin system.